November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, May 23, 2008

My new toy

Ok...I finally bought a scale yesterday. I haven't stepped on one in a long time, and wanted to see the damages. Or, thought I did.

It's really cool. Tells my weight, body fat and water percentage. This thing is pretty smart. Also you can change it if you are active or normal setting. The numbers were pretty harsh. Harsh, but honest. I like honesty.

Weight - 271 lbs
Body Fat - 48%
Water - 36%

Is this right?? 48% of my body is fat?? That has to change. Now. I think if I hadn't started putting some things into place before stepping on the scale, I would be so far down in the dumps right now, it would take a town to dig me out. I felt bad last night, but I'm better this morning.

Tonight, I have a challenge. A dinner. Food that I didn't have to cook and as much of it as I want. One of my biggest challenges. Tonight, for the first time, I will not treat it as a free for all. Find what I want, have a little, and set it aside. No seconds. Time to get rid of those numbers for good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to HYC. I try not to focus on the nubmbers unless they are going down. LOL Sounds like you have a good attitude.

MargieAnne said...

Welcome to HYC from me too.

You have made an important decision. Enjoy the challenges and the support here.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Add another welcome to the HYC! :) Looks like you're off to a great start, and that you're making some *very* good choices. There will be rough spots, to be sure, but you've already proven that you can move past them and get yourself back in the game!

Martha said...

Hi, and yet another welcome:-) I've been eyeing one of those scales. When faced with a situation like you described, my tactic is always eat something healthy before you go, that way you're stomach won't decide for you.