November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, May 30, 2008

Long week

Man it took a long time to get to Friday.

It's been a good week, but a long one. On Tuesday evening, my nephew was born! (will post a picture later). He, of course, is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. He is 21 inches long, 7 lbs 8 oz.

The long part came from school. We have one more week after this one and we are finished for the year. My students have been driving me crazy the last couple of days!! They've been crazy, I've been irritable, and it made for a long week. I'm so glad the weekend is here.

I did have to chuckle at one of my Kindergartners the other day though. He's definitely on the creative side of things, a better drawer than I am even though he is only 6! he's also not bad with music and likes to hum and sing when the mood strikes him. The other day it was the Indiana Jones theme (plus he has the others singing it now!)

J: *humming Indiana Jones theme while drawing with other students* I just love Davy Jones!

R: *pipes in* it's Indiana Jones! not Davy Jones!

J: Oh yeah! I love Indiana Jones!



I weighed in this morning at the same weight as last week. OK...better than a gain and a sign that I need to turn it up a notch and watch out for danger zones. I have all late nights here at school next week. With planning my meals, it shouldn't be a problem, although I don't get to get over to the fitness center like I wanted to. So I guess I will have to wait until school is out and start walking regularly. I know it will definitely help my efforts to get on a treadmill. Looking over my journal from the last week, I definitely had moments that I wasn't paying attention to what I was eating and didn't make the choices I wanted to make. I did get all of the water in I wanted to. I've been drinking like a horse! Most days I got in at least 72 oz.

Goals: Keep reading inspiration from the people on the challenge to keep my motivation
Drink my water!
Be more aware of what I eat and continue to journal it all.
Find time to blog even though I am irritated and unhappy, it will keep me going.

I have been thinking lately that there is another piece of the puzzle that is missing. Something else that is holding me back from doing all I need to do to lose this weight. I am, by nature, a very shy and quiet person. I think I am having anxiety issues dealing with the attention associated with losing the amount of weight I need to lose. I think one day next week, will head over to Borders or something and see if they have anything that might help. Something to help with social skills/not being so shy/things like that. Something is holding me, I just don't know what it is. Maybe figure this out will help me let go and be healthier.

0 comments: