November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Feelin some love!

I think the best decision (or one of) I made was to join the HYC. It's exactly what I had hoped I would find. People who have similar goals and working their butts off to accomplish what they need to do and share in the love and encouragement (and butt kicking when needed) with everyone. Thank you to everyone who stopped by and as I have time, will stop by and read and leave comments as well. Busy, busy time here with getting my new house in order, school is ending next week, and my nephew was born this evening! But I love it! And keeping so busy with the house keeps me off my butt on the computer or the TV and I absolutely LOVE that!

I fell into trap number two tonight. The first one is eating out or eating where there's free food...I treat it as a free for all and don't need to watch it like I do when I'm at home being more consiensious (I know that's spelled wrong).

The second one...is my mom's house. I think it stems from growing up and wanting to eat. I have it in my head that when mom's out of the house...it's time to eat as much food as I can sneak while she's not here. Hello!! I'm nearly 30 years old!!! I don't need to sneak food anymore! It's not often I'm here and she's not, but I didn't prepare myself so that I could stop myself. I didn't even realize what I was doing until I was halfway through what I was stuffing into my face. At first I was just like...screw it...I messed up..just keep going. But then I realized what I was doing, how I was feeling (totally full and upset) and threw the rest in the garbage. But not before some damage was done. *sigh* Need to add it to my mental list so that next time I come over here and she's not here, I don't go through this. At least I will be aware of how I'm feeling and aware of what I'm going to eat (or not eat if it's not a meal time). It's not so much a problem when she's here, only when she's not.

5 comments:

Kitzzy said...

Glad you are liking HYC.

In response to your comment on my blog about being too big to run, you may want to check out the Couch to 5K running program. There are people in the LJ community that weigh over 300 lbs and are about to complete the 9 week program. It eases you in with just 1 minute at a time on the first week.

Check out this post for some more information: http://kitzzyfit.blogspot.com/2008/05/c25k-resources.html

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Sending hugs your way. Sometimes figuring out the emotional reasons we eat is the most important step!
Path to Health

Girl with a Problem said...

Welcome! You have already lost a lot of weight - a virtual high five to you for that. Congrats also on becoming a homeowner and an aunt.

I used to think I was too big to run also and then I starting reading the blogs of women who were running marathons and triathlons and they were heavier than me. There are a lot of runners in our community that don't fit the stereotypical body type that we think of when we hear 'runner'. That encouraged me to start a running program. I used the one from Runner's World magazine online (there's a link on my blog), but then I modified it to fit with what my body was telling me. I started off nearly dying running 1 min and walking 2 for 30 minutes. I just bumped up to running 4 min/walking 1 for 30 min on Monday.

My advice there would be to (1) read some of the blogs our runners, (2) get a good pair of shoes, (3) find a plan that sounds good to you, (4) start with what they suggest, but listen to your body. If you need to spend 3 weeks at one spot in the program - do it. Work at your own pace.

I personally spent about 2 1/2 weeks at the 2/1 intervals before I was ready to move on to the 3/1s. So what? I'm doing this for me and no one else. I will get there at my own pace.

Best of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the HYC! Knowing what sets you off eating is part of the solution! Now that you know, you'll be able to get yourself on point!

MargieAnne said...

You deserve a very special badge for stopping yourself from eating more when you were already on a roll. That was a huge decision. You must be so proud of yourself for thinking things through, finding insight and ultimately stopping the craziness.

You are awesome.