November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

HYC post

Ok...my first post for this challenge. Thank you to those who have already stopped by to give out some encouragement!

My weekend went pretty well. Most of the weekend was spent working on my new house. Yardwork on Saturday and painted the living room on Monday. Saturday night went out to a friend's house for a BBQ...sat myself in front of the veggies and munched on carrots :) And she had a nice spread of chips and dip and skipped it all. Had some chips with my burger and that was it. Drank water most of the time, although I did have one beer.

Time seems to be a little on the short side this morning...much to do and waiting to hear when my niece or nephew enters the world sometime today :D

7 comments:

Slenderella said...

Hi! Welcome to HYC!

Hurray on eating carrots over chips and dip. Little steps will accumulate to big weight loss!

I see you're a teacher. I use to teach elementary before my kids were born. Now I'm a stay-at-home mom. I remember when teaching, there always being food around, little get togethers with the other teachers and lots of sweets. Wish I had made better choices, but we do learn from our mistakes.

Have a great week.

Kitzzy said...

Welcome to HYC! Good job at the BBQ. After a while, it just becomes second nature to reach for the veggie tray instead of the chips.

Felicia said...

Welcome to HYC. Best wishes to you on your journey!

*huggles*
=0)

Ready Maid said...

Don't you just LOVE new babies? We have three grandchildren - one 3, one 1, and one 9 months. Each age is so special!

Saw your post about eating away from home. It's something we've all had to learn how to deal with. Because I travel for a living - some of which is for the express purpose of tasting food! - it's especially challenging for me; but I've developed some techniques that have helped me be successful.

Welcome to HYC, by the way. THis is a fabulous support group of diligent bloggers who are serious about getting healthy. You will, too!

Lynn said...

Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge!

These are a great bunch of people, and I hope you will find them as friendly, helpful, and supportive as I have.

Wow, you teach PreK? I can't imagine. My own 4 year old is crazy enough, much less a whole room full of them!

Ruthie said...

Welcome to HYC!! And congrats on skipping the chips and dip!

Making Mommy Hot

blendergrl said...

Welcome to the HYC - can't wait to see all of your success!