November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ha! I said no!

It's so easy to tell my students "no!" But when it comes to me and food...I hate saying no. But I did it yesterday. More than once! And to some of my favorite food! Pizza...oreo cookies, homemade cupcake with chocolate frosting (I easily say no to the store bought ones, but not the homemade ones..esp with choc. frosting!!), and Quigley's (Irish Pub). I couldn't believe it. Day 3 and still making good choices! Ok, not all of them were perfect, but I was amazed that I could tell myself no to all those things! I've been doing awesome on water too. School gets out in a couple weeks and I hope that I can continue that momentum. I do great drinking water here, but at home...for some reason it's not as easy.

I have one challenge ahead...I forgot that I was going to be stuck here for a meeting tonight and so I didn't bring anything for dinner with me. Usually we go out as a faculty on days we have meetings because we are all sticking around. Going out will be a challenge. It's not like we don't eat at places that have good choices...it's me having trouble making a good choice. I go in with the best intentions, but end up feeling major guilt because I get something less appealing to the new healthy me.

0 comments: