November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Keep your eye on the prize

OK....the scale has been crazy the past couple of days..fluctuating + and - 5 lbs. Doesn't really matter what the actual number is, the bottom line is that it's higher than before. I funked about it for a little bit, but it didn't last and my resolve is back.

So, the problem is: stress kills me. Foodwise anyway. I can hear my brain working overtime now, arguing with myself because I have it finally trained in my head that eating food for comfort is really no comfort at all (although the old me is still acting out that way...but we're working on it). So, I'm thinking that my solution could be to come up with that one (or two) thoughts that are strong enough to hold in my head during those times of stress, and to truly find a better way to comfort myself during those high stress times. Life is not going to be free from stress and ignoring the fact that I don't know how to deal with it is not going to help me get healthy. I've read enough articles on the subject, I have enough information (read a book, go for a walk, etc, etc), it's just a matter of striking the right one for me.

It shouldn't be this complicated. :P It wasn't this hard to put the weight on, it should be easy to take it off again..lol

3 comments:

Monica Shaw said...

MizFit had a recent post on "vision boards"... basically take a bulletin board and put up things that remind you of your goals. Quotes, pictures, poems, whatever. Then put it somewhere where you KNOW you'll look at it. Add to it every day. Basically just keep reinforcing your goals, creating a positive upward spiral. Might help during those stressful times!

carla said...

HOW SWEET ARE YOU MONICA!!
I was just going to suggest that ...or perhaps using a decadence list as a form of reward.

email me if you want links or ideas.

you CAN DO THIS.

Miz.

Simplymoi said...

What a coincidence! I just had that same idea rolling around in my head last night and wondering if something like that would help...a constant visual reminder of what I'm doing and why. I mean, I keep my journal and it has some pictures and stuff in it, but something to hang up and look at all the time.