November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November Goals

I started this post earlier today, but it's been a busy day. It's our only full day of school this week. We had yesterday off because of election day and we are a polling place, and our principal decided to give us monday off too. Man, he couldn't have picked two better days to be off! Both days were like 70+ and sunny! It was perfect! Tomorrow and Friday are Parent/Teacher conferences, so we only have half days. I have so few students this year and they all wanted early times to meet with me, so I'll be done early those days. (more time to clean and organize since my room has gotten a bit messy and cluttered)

Anyway, off the subject already. I wanted to post my goals here to make sure I stay accountable for them...which is crazy because it addresses two issues I've had for a long time and yet, they seem to have waned a bit. One - I used to hate making goals for myself. I just felt that if I didn't reach them I would feel even worse than I already did, so why put myself through that? Two - I've used "accountability" as an excuse for a really long time. I would read everywhere that you should have someone buddy up with you because that helps and you keep each other accountable, etc, etc. I had myself convinced that I *needed* someone and that I was totally unable to do it on my own and that's why I kept failing over and over again. Of course, that's just a bunch of BS, but at the time I was quite convinced of it. I have taken over control of my actions and responsibility for it. And I am just posting this out there so that if anyone wants to, they can help me be accountable for my goals this month..encourage me or kick my butt if I'm slacking off ;)

OK...so there aren't that many, but they'll keep me going. I put up my vision board and on it is a calendar to keep track of the days I work out and what I do on those days. I figure with 30 days in the month, my first goal is to work out for 20 of them. The other goal I have for this month is no chips. I eat a small bag of them like once a day and this month, it's time to go without.

Alas..it's time to get my students up from nap time and do some evaluations. Have a great day and a great month!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I posted my November goals today too! Even if you don't meet your goals, I find it's still helpful to have something concrete that you're working toward.
20 days working out is impressive! I know you can do it! :)

Alli said...

Good luck with your november goals girl I know if we put 100% into it we can kick november's ass. =)