November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

HYC check in

Things have been going pretty good over here! I spent about a week and a half off track, but I got back on last week during a package of PB cracker sandwiches (which are sitting as a reminder on my desk). Since the beginning of September, I am still down 7 lbs. I will be weighing in on Friday morning. I found I really like weighing in on Friday. I am starting to settle into a routine of staying pretty strict during the week and then loosening up during the weekend (not hot fudge sundae loose), just not worrying so much and beating myself up if I don't stay as completely strict as I do during the week. It seems to be working to keep me on track and we'll see how the numbers show on the scale on Friday. My monthly (or not so monthly) visit showed up today so we'll see how things look on Friday morning, but I won't be discouraged! I am continuing to do my morning walks although they are still only 30 min mile. It feels good and my knee isn't too messed up.

I did see an infomercial last night for Tony Little's Gazelle and pondering the purchase of one. It seems pretty low impact, which is good for my knee, and would be good indoors for when the weather starts getting really cold for walking (don't really care to walk in cold weather).

I hope everyone has a great week! :)

1 comments:

Allison said...

Don't get the Gazelle. Or if you do, try one out at a store first. And really try it out, don't just hop on for a minute, think, 'This is cool,' and buy it. Really give it a decent test-drive.
I bought one 2 or 3 years ago, and I used it a couple of times before deciding I hated it. After I lost weight, I got it out and tried it again. I figured maybe the problems I had with it before (namely, it made my feet hurt) would be resolved.
Well, not really. And for me, it doesn't really feel like I'm doing anything resembling aerobic on it. I've tried to sell mine on Craigslist a couple of times and have gotten ZERO responses.
So please, try it before you buy it. Or buy a used one.
We ended up buying a used treadmill on Craigslist for $40. It works perfectly, and I love it so much more than my Gazelle.