November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, September 15, 2008

Unstable weekend

Enough with the rain! I know it doesn't compare to Texas or other hurricane ravaged areas, but we set a record on Saturday for the most rain in one day for the City of Chicago..more than 6 inches. Several rivers have flooded including the north branch of the Chicago River right in the city. Personally, I got some seepage in my basement (rivers of it) but that's about it. Although the owners marked down that they did not get water in the basement, so we're gonna check into that. Mucho kudos to the police, fire department, volunteers and the media even for doing so much over the weekend to help people out and get information to the public and keeping them as up to date as possible.

With the rain came also a rocky weekend for me with food. First was Saturday night. I was at my mom's for a little pizza dinner because of my brother's birthday. this is usually a problem anyway because when it comes to being at my moms...all bets are off and I just like to find stuff to fill my stomach with. I knew it was coming and had a plan (brought carrots with me and only going to have a set amount of pizza) and then a few little things got in my way (eating too late, really hungry and hell, it was Aurelio's pizza man!!)and I let it go. And topped it off with ice cream. Sunday started off well enough...a friend took me out to lunch after church and I ordered a skillet, ate half for the other half to take home. After my 2.5 hour drive home in the traffic and rain and flooded roads, I was not in the best of moods when I got home, a few unkind words from my friend and all in all ended up eating more in addition to the leftovers from breakfast.

Didn't feel too bad about it, but I've learned some lessons this weekend. One: bring more than carrots to snack on in case dinner is 2 hours later than what you counted on. Two: Don't drive on days where the streets are flooded and you have to find creative, non flooded ways to get home. Three: Find someone else to go to when emotions get the better of me and I want to bring food into the occasion. Because he sucked at it. I know it was my choice to binge, not his..but gotta find someone else next time.

This morning things seem to be back on track. Going to have a long week, spending most of my time at school for one thing or another. Brought my lunch and dinner with me, as well as some apples to snack on. Also getting lots of water down. The weekend is usually a bad time for me to get all my water drunk. The whole exercise thing seems to be MIA as I forgot to bring my workout clothes with me today and I can't seem to get in that groove. Just like the food though..I just gotta do it and forget thinking about it all the time.

2 comments:

Irish Mom said...

We were lucky to avoid any flooding, but our schools were closed Monday due to all the flooding in the area.
I got trapped in some interesting neighborhoods driving home last night, made me glad I did not wait to get gas until AFTER work (which is 11pm!!)

Felicia said...

Hope its drying out over there for you now. We didnt get anything here. It is so sad how many got hit with it though.

Hope you are having a great day!
*huggles*
=0)