November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Why must we torture ourselves??

I just don't get it. But I do it. I see new friends doing it. I see people I don't know doing it. And the crazy thing is...we don't have to do it! No where is it written that we have to do it. Yet, like everyone is doing it.

We torture ourselves. We beat ourselves up, down and all around. And it's driving me crazy and I just won't do it anymore!!! We're killing ourselves because we need to know what the scale says. We tear ourselves apart because we went over in calories or we don't feel like exercising or didn't get all our fruits and veggies in today.

I would love to just slap everyone silly. Including myself. I definitely include myself in this, until recently. I have stopped beating myself up over every little thing and cursing myself because i'm not on track or the scale isn't moving. I don't know if I'll stay this way, but I'm loving how I am now!! And of course I wish everyone else would stop it too! So, you need a break, take a break! When you are rested, pick yourself up again. WHY MUST WE BE MISERABLE BECAUSE WE ARE BIG?? Why do we make ourselves this way? It doesn't have to be, it wasn't meant to be that way. I want nothing more than to knock that into anyone and everyone skinny or big. Flaws become us and damn it, I am just too happy with myself to care less!

And this has done absolute wonders for me. I have spent the week walking, eating smaller portions and enjoying it all. One more day of walking and I am rewarding myself with a trip to the movies. I rarely go, even though I love them...so this is my little treat for walking every day. And if I do it again next week, I'll go see another movie. I am finally doing things I only plan about, my struggle within myself has lessened and I'm moving forward. I hope and pray I can continue to do so.

So, STOP it already, ok? You can do it and you will.

0 comments: