November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, October 27, 2008

What a week

I now know what the words "information overload" mean. I'm still sittin on it, and it's been 3 days since the end of the conference. I was there from Wednesday afternoon until Friday afternoon...a very intense, fact filled week which included sitting in a chair for about 17 hours over the 3 days. (But I did manage to get a mile walked on the treadmill at the hotel Thurs and Fri. mornings!) Not only was it a lot of information, but I believe it was a lot of things that could save my school, so my brain is rattling around the information over and over again. It's been hard to concentrate on other things, including getting back to my lesson plans (I was saved from that today because school was closed)

As far as eating goes, I did what I planned on doing. I didn't eat like a person trying to lose weight, but I didn't overindulge by letting my emotions guide me. I really don't feel like getting back into the game, esp considering I did a preliminary check on the scale this evening, and almost, no, scratch that, all of my work since September has been ruined and gained back. I really want to use these things as an excuse (like I did in the past) to spend at least a month or so just sliding and eating and eating and sliding. But that's not what I really want and that's not what I'm going to do. I'm going back to the beginning and concentrate on 4 things: drink lots of water, get on my Gazelle at least 20 min every other day, watch my portions, and journal everything.

Homework for tonight before going to sleep: stretch and visualize myself hiking up a mountain (something I want to get in shape to do - literally and figuratively)

1 comments:

Allison said...

Great job on hitting the treadmill at the hotel, and not overindulging. That certainly takes some commitment! And I know you can make it up that mountain, literally and figuratively!