November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lesson learned

No matter what else is going on in my life, there is no reason for me to be acting like this. I do not need to treat food or my body like this. The last several days have been crazy stressful as I prepare for this conference and substitute. And I have been stuffing my face so fast - my stomach doesn't know what hit it. Any and every opportunity to grab some food has been taken. Doughnuts, chips, hot dogs, ice cream, nachos, beef sandwiches, meatballs, cracker sandwiches, pop tarts, Arby's, Papa John's...the list goes on. I totally and completely buckled under the pressures and stress at my job and I'm done with it. At least, starting to make more positive changes and choices to get back where I was mentally and emotionally. It's scary how easily I slipped back and spiraled out of control. I felt like screaming for help, like I was drowning and needed a life preserver to save me. I guess I had forgotten that I already know how to swim. After a couple of deep breaths (thank you!), I think I am starting back to where I want to be and swim toward my goal again. I am going to be gone the next couple of days and the weekend...I am not going to stress about what I am eating, but no overeating and binging. With everything going on - my goal is to really get back to the Gazelle and doing what I need to do to keep going. The good news is that the hotel has a fitness center. If nothing else, a mile or so on the treadmill will start the day off well :)

2 comments:

Monica Shaw said...

I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better! One small blip in a landslide of good progress doesn't matter - you are doing a great job. What you said is very wise: "I'm not going to stress." That is definitely the way forward.

Allison said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing better and feeling better. It's difficult to learn different methods of dealing with stress, when food has been such an easy choice for years.