November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, October 16, 2008

NSV Thursday

With the weekend coming up (and we know we slack off during the weekend), I thought now would be a good chance to start a tradition and count our non scale victories for the week. I've been trying to start this post all day, but it seems I am being pulled in too many directions mentally and it's just one of those kind of days. yesterday eating sucked a**, and today didn't start off the greatest, but not horrible. I need something positive to push me over this hump, so here are some of my victories this week:

~~~I started working out on my new gazelle this weekend! It arrived on Friday afternoon and after several hours of working on it, I got it set up. I tested it out a couple times (no shoes) just to get the feel for it. It says it accepts my weight, but it's a little snug on the width! When I put shoes on for the first real "workout", my feet did indeed hurt! I figured I must have been doing something wrong and I could only do the beginners - 10 minute workout. The next time was the same, but on Tuesday when I did it, must have been doing something different because no feet hurting and I did the 20 minute intermediate workout! I knew it was perfect because the last 2 min were a struggle, but I did it!


~~~The weekend went much smoother than normal! I put my plan into action that I use during the week and it worked! I said no a couple of times I wanted to say yes and it was great!

~~~The 2 mile walking seems to be more regular now. I was alternating with a 1 mile stretch, but the last couple of times has been strictly 2 miles.

~~~I have more energy!!! Woohoo! It's not a big difference yet, but I can tell that I can't just sit on the couch anymore like I used to, not only do I want to get up and do something, it's like I almost half to! It's a great feeling! One of the problems I have had with buying this house is keeping up with the upkeep! I can get by on the inside and keeping it sort of clean, but having major problems getting the energy to get outside and work out there. I am encouraged that by keeping this up, when winter and snow comes and then spring...I'll be better at getting outside to work and having the energy to make it look fabulous!

~~~Every day during the week I have been able to get all my water in!! Just gotta work on those darn weekends!

What are your NSV's for this week??

1 comments:

Allison said...

I've been to the gym every day this week (starting from Monday) except Tuesday, so I guess that would be an NSV for me. My goal is to go at least 12 times during October.