November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

HYC....not a pleasant week

Weight: 273.0 lbs
Body Fat %: 47.5
Water: 37%

I need to check into this body fat % thing is...I actually went down...does that mean I've gained a little muscle?

I feel like the poster child for "what not to do". 2 lb gain and I grabbed some leftover pizza for breakfast this morning. Now, really, how is that supposed to help me??

This is the last week of school, so schedules are off, kids are crazy to be done, and I'm getting ready for Kindergarten graduation and closing service on Friday. I see no reason to forget about taking care of myself.

Things done well this past week:

Drank water. I have so much water flowing through me, it feels great. It helps that I love water, it's not too difficult to get it all down. Being at home is a little more difficult, but I think I can get into the habit.

Things to work on:

Going out to eat. I did it again last night with pizza. I didn't prepare myself as well as I thought I had and it was free food and I treated it like a free for all. Stuffed myself good. (but also drank several glasses of water too.)

Was off schedule over the weekend. Ate at odd times and over ate as a result.


Goals:

Get back to my Jenny Craig roots. I've been on and off this program a couple times..usually I go off because I really can't afford their food. I took away something this time though, and that was their "meal on your own" plan. I would have to say it's comparable to Weigh Watchers "points", in that it gives you so many "things" a day to stick to and you can lose weight. JC, instead of points breaks it down by food groups, and gives you guides for a certain number of starches, protiens, fats, milks, etc. for each meal/day, depending on how you want to break it down. My goal for this week is to refresh my memory on those numbers, and apply it to the food I am eating each day and journal it. This will let me see if I'm eating too much of one thing or not enough of another, etc.

Keep up with the water. I've already got 12 oz down and it's barely 8 am. My secret: I use a pop can as a water bottle. I don't know why, but for some reason, it's easier for me to drink and I drink a lot more than when I was using a water bottle. I've also used the small water bottles in the past, and that also seemed to help me drink more than when using the bigger ones.




Ok, it's time to get things ready for the start of school. I will not be the poster child for "what not to do" anymore.

8 comments:

Irish Mom said...

Things to work on & Goals are an awesome way to put things into perspective!!
Eating out was always my pitfall, I had no control. I have pretty much had to give it up for the occassional splurge, but it makes me cherish that splurge and really think about it. Sometimes I come to the conclusion that its really not even worth it!!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

You're also the poster child for "setting good goals". :)

Anonymous said...

Eating out is not always easy. Sometimes we have to indulge to realize it may not be worth it! Way to go with the water!

Simplymoi said...

Irish mom...It isn't worth it! But for some reason, I don't think about that until AFTER it's already in my stomach! I mean, food is food, why should I treat a restaurant any different than eating at home?

Thanks cammy :) Thank you very much. That is a poster I desire to live up to :)

Simplymoi said...

thanks dadivastreet! at least one thing has been consistent this week!

Sunny Days said...

Great JOB on the water and setting goals. Two things I'm also working on. Goals are hard for me to think of and then to think of a reward????still working on this and getting some great ideas on here! One question....you have a goal and reward for loosing 200 lbs?? you don't weigh enough to loose 200lbs! maybe I read it wrong??? :)

Simplymoi said...

thanks sunny!

I probably didn't write it clear enough...when I reach 200 lbs, then I will hire a personal trainer for a couple of sessions of one on one workout :)

BITR Country Girl said...

Great set of goals! Keep up the good work and don't let the "little" things get to you. You had pizza for breakfast...I had a pint of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip cookie dough ice cream. Have a great day!

Jamie