November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

HYC - Emotions

Been dealing with a lot of emotions this month. For an emotional eater who hasn't learned how to fully deal with that connection...my desire to change is at one of its weakest point (whenever I am highly emotional). Learning how to deal with emotions is also something I try to teach my kindergarteners about. I was rather frustrated as I watched one woman this morning as she was doing exactly the opposite of what I try to teach them. She was upset about something (and rightly so) and confronted the person who had upset her (also rightly so). But interrupted the entire class to rebuke her in front of everyone and proceeded to talk about her to other people in the class after she had sat down. One lesson I try to teach my kids is about anger. Naturally kids get mad or upset because, say, one kid pushed him and wants to push him back. I try to teach them that its ok to feel anger (or other emotions) but it's not ok to hurt other people because we are angry.

Hello?!?! is that not Exactly what I do to myself? When I was ignorant, I didn't know that I was abusing food to help myself. But I know better and do it anyway (at least sometimes). Why should I use my emotions as an excuse to harm myself? I don't deserve to be abused and yet, I have been doing it for years. Always putting myself down. Always. Even as an adult. Bringing myself to believe that the choices I have made to make myself big made me a bad person. Unhealthy maybe, but not bad.

My goals for the coming week: Emotions. Start by letting emotions flow alone. Run their course and let them go. No need to involve food. this will also be helped by carefully planning my meals for each day (which is good anyway) to help me to stay focused and really try to separate eating and emotions.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

journaling when those emotions hit help a lot, hugs