November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Simply Miserable

That's how I feel. Just miserable. The week after dad died, I didn't do too well with staying on track. The week after that, I seemed to get back to myself again. Now I'm back in the doldrums. I am in the god-awful cycle of hating what i see in the mirror and eating as a result of it, even though I know it just contributes to the image in the mirror. I am in a rut and I don't know how to get out of it, or if I even feel like getting out of it. I wake up in the morning asking myself, "what kind of junk do I want for breakfast today?" Just to purposefully start the day of wrong. I am sabatoging myself and I don't understand why. Luckily, my efforts to do me in have only resulted in my weight staying the same and not going up. I really need to figure out what is driving these feelings and actions, or else figure out how to ignore them and do what I need to do next in order to keep going.

1 comments:

MargieAnne said...

Sorry you feel so miserable. At least you have come here and said so instead of hiding from everyone.

You have faced some heavy emotional stuff this month so it's not surprising that you feel all over the place.

Take time to be kind to yourself.

I have a book somewhere called Elegant Choices. it's all about making those decisioms that make you feel good about yourself and life. Some are really simple like place a bunch of flowers or even a single flower in a suitable container. Make a small change to your everyday environment. Wear a special accessory with the clothes you choose today. Do something non-food that makes you feel good.

Of course food stuff is important too. Put your next meal on your prettiest plate. You are going to win through and be all the stronger. Sending lots of love.