November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, March 6, 2009

The bottom of the barrel

Seems my mood goes in these cycles...I'm going good on the way I want to be going and then I get off track, spiral down until I hit bottom and then start to climb back out again. I know that struggles are supposed to make you stronger, but this is really starting to wear on me. I totally hit bottom the other day (but it did include a 2 mile walk), then found out my friend's baby died during childbirth and that was it. Ate a dinner from Wendy's that was enough for at least 3 people and went to bed the worst I've felt in a long time. The next day, I couldn't hide how I was feeling for a million bucks. I know my students were totally puzzled about my attitude, but I really couldnt' fake it anymore. By midday, I had recieved a gift on my desk from one of my parents (it was Teacher Appreciation Day) and she gave me a new scarf and it was that one simple gift (she knew I just started buying scarves) that put a smile on my face again and I could feel the duldroms lifting again. I still have so much to do and it seems like I have no time to do it, but things seem a little better now and my students are happy that their teacher seems like herself again. And so am I. I'm not back to normal, but I'm getting there again. I stepped on the scale and I had gained 10 lbs. Now, I know some of that was water, but some wasn't, I've been eating horribly. But this morning I was back out of the 280's to 279 again, and that helped. Most of the hopelessness I felt is gone again, but I know some of it still lingers. I've really been thinking lately about getting some professional help, but I'm not sure where to go or who to go to. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I need to make some changes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

To me I see but two choices: 1. Be happy with yourself, with or without diet and exercise, 2. Choose to be unhappy. The answer is within YOU.

Do you really need to pay professional help for thast advice?

Your friends, family and God love YOU.