November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bathroom exercises

I just joined a new group on Sparkpeople and read a thread about bathroom exercises and I thought, what a great idea! With all the water I'm drinking, I am in the bathroom constantly. The idea is that when you take a trip to the bathroom, use it as an opportunity to get a little strength exercise in: wall pushups, squats, lunges, etc. We have a small bathroom here at school, so lunges are def out, and it's one bathroom shared with 7 other faculty and staff members, so I have to be careful how much time I spend in there, but there's enough time to do some wall push ups both times I've been in there so far today. I tried some squats and did about 10 of them, but the knee did not like that at all, but I will keep trying anyway. I just thought of this too...I can put the free weights I have in the bathroom and get some sets of bicep curls or something while at home. Does anyone else do this? What kind of exercises do you do?

3 comments:

Allison said...

I've never done bathroom exercises, nor heard of them. But it sounds like it might be a good idea, especially the wall push-ups.

MargieAnne said...

Hmmmm! I'm not sure there is room in my bathroom but certainly a great idea while at work. Every little bit helps.

Thanks for the comment left for me last month or longer ago.

It has been a rough time sorting myself out but I think I'm on the way again. So many false starts lead me to be cautious.

Diana Swallow said...

I've never done bathroom exercises but what a great idea. I love sparkpeple but I've never explored their groups, I'll have to check those out.