November 20, 2008

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How did this happen?

How did I let my emotions become so completely intertwined with food???

More importantly, how do I stop it?

It probably happened slowly, over time, without me even noticing it. I mean, it's food! It's alive, but it doesn't have a soul. It shouldn't have this kind of power over me. It literally can determine whether I have a bad day or a good day. Feel good or feel guilty. I'm either a bad person because of what I eat or a good person because of what I didn't eat. I mean, it's food! It has one purpose in life - to nourish our bodies. And yet for me, it has become so much more than that. How did this happen? Why did this happen? But what really stumps me is how to stop it. I am at a complete loss as to figure that out. There have been so many times I think I'm on the right track, but there's something that holds me back, prevents me from moving forward. I make a few wrong choices and my emotions head south and I just want to eat more to cover up those emotions. It has to stop, I just don't know how.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Lord is my strength and my song. Is 12:2